Throughout the day, two moderators will walk us through various topics relating to a more sustainable organisation of festivals. Eurosonic Noorderslag and Holland Festival have joined hands and have decided on the following topics of discussion together with Green Events: government sustainability policies, local collaboration, change management and the status quo of sustainably organising festivals.
Organisations from the widest range of performing arts festivals are invited to have a discussion: theatre festivals in theatres, pop festivals in nature areas, hybrid dance festivals. These are organisations that ordinarily barely get around to sharing their experience in the field of sustainable organisation - or the lack thereof.
These conversations will form the basis for a baseline measurement: as a festival country, where does the Netherlands stand in its attempts to make festivals greener? After this June’s edition, Eurosonic Noorderslag will host the next edition in January, where we will be able to continue working on a collective green code.
10.30 Doors open
11.00 Introduction in collaboration with Eurosonic Noorderslag
- Keynote on sustainability policy from the political point of view
- Panel about case study ROEF: Rooftop Revolutions, Rotterdamse Dakendagen, De Gezonde Stad and ROEF
13.00 Lunch break
- Anne van Leeuwen talks about her progress and observations concerning Manifesto for the living in a time of extinction
- Panel about change management: a more sustainable event begins with the organisation
- Interactive panel discussion in which we work towards a green code that all festival organisations can implement
- Conclusions: where do the festivals stand in 2022, and where do we need to be in 2025
To attend the Future Festivals Meet-up please register using the form below. After registration it is possible to buy a ticket for 15 euro for lunch via the confirmation email.
moderator Frank Kimenai spreker Rob van Wegen, Annick Mantoua, Jan Henk Tigelaar, Nikki Kamps, Laura van de Voort, Jan Willem van Bokhorst, Remco Moen Marcar